Part 1: Introduction
- - This is a comprehensive interview training mastery series.
- - BS/MD program interviews are unlike other college interviews.
- - Essential course: fewer than half of students that interview are offered acceptance.
- - Acceptance based on interview performance.
- - They want to know who you are!
Their Goal is to assess:
- Interpersonal skills, maturity, personal motivation, oral communication skills, experience in healthcare, excitement for future in medicine, and compassion.
- - To prepare you as best as possible for your upcoming interviews.
- “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail” - Benjamin Franklin
- - Explain the ins and outs of the interview with examples and sample questions.
- - Offer the tools you need to excel with any interview question.
- Types of Interview Styles
- Types of Interview Questions
- Basic Opening Questions (“tell me about yourself”)
- Personal Interests (i.e. hobbies)
- Common Interview Questions
- Behavioral Questions (describe a time when...)
- Situational Questions (imagine you are in...)
- Ethical Questions
- Red flags
- Questions for Interviewer
- Part 4: Misc (final tips, nuances, what to wear, etc)